This very simple tutorial will show you how to create your first association with DropIt. Once started DropIt, it will be visible as a target image on your screen. It is the main interface:
- you can drag&drop files on it to process them
- you can hold left-click it to move the target image
- you can right-click it to show the main menu
To manage your associations you need to right-click the target image and click “Associations”. It will show the following window.
Now you can click “New” button or double-click the empty table to create a new association. The opened window allows to create and edit associations. These are the main fields available:
- the association name to recognize it in your collection of associations (e.g. “Example”)
- the rules to define what files will be processed with this association (e.g. “*.txt”)
- the action that will be used on your files (e.g. “Copy”)
- the destination related to the selected action (e.g. “C:\Example of folder”)
You can find some examples of rules clicking the info button on the right of that field (files can be filtered by name, extension, path). While from the next button you can also configure additional filters based on file size, creation date, modification date, last access date.
The destination field instead is different for each action, but it is essentially a configuration of the action itself. For example some actions allow to define a “Destination Folder” where position files processed with that association.
Completed the association creation, you can “Save” it and drag&drop files on the target image to process them. Files will be filtered and processed with the matching associations.