This is a short tutorial that suggests a way to organize a very large amount of files with DropIt (like files on a old hard disk).
The simple idea is to separate this procedure into two steps, doing a first pre-sorting operation to make a macro selection by format.
This is a simple tutorial that explain how to back up files with DropIt. It is not a dedicated backup software, but its flexibility allows to use some features as a backup tool.
The two DropIt actions that can be used to back up files and folders are “Copy” and “Compress”. Now will be described a couple of examples about backup uses.
This tutorial describes how to use DropIt to automatically scan some defined folders at a time interval. DropIt supports several methods to process files and you can also enable “Folder Monitoring” from Options.
This is a simple tutorial that explain how to delete old files with DropIt. You can use one of the 3 supported methods to delete files:
- Directly Remove: files are not available in the Recycled Bin, but data are not overwritten and could be restored using a recovery tool
- Safely Erase: files are removed and data overwritten, to make them unrecoverable also by recovery tools
- Send to Recycle Bin: files are sent to recycle bin and are still available from there
This tutorial can help you to learn how to sort your files into folders with a simple drag&drop on DropIt. For example you will be able to organize your photos into dated folders, to organize your documents by file type, to separate your media by tags and much more.
This very simple tutorial will show you how to create your first association with DropIt. Once started DropIt, it will be visible as a target image on your screen. It is the main interface:
- you can drag&drop files on it to process them
- you can hold left-click it to move the target image
- you can right-click it to show the main menu
Start using DropIt is very simple:
run it and drag&drop one or more files/folders on the target image to start sorting operations on them.
If a dropped item does not match with defined associations, DropIt allows you to create a new association (1), defining rules to filter files (2), an action to use on them (3) and a related destination (4). In future all files that match with this association will be processed with its action.